Second Annual Study Identifies Trends, Challenges and Opportunities for National Brands and Their Distributed Local Marketing Networks
Chicago (September 30, 2015) - A webinar scheduled for October 15, 2015, will reveal local marketing trends, opportunities and challenges based on a national survey of more than 850 small businesses and the analysis of millions of dollars in channel marketing investments made by national brands over the past four years.
Now in its second year, Brandmuscle’s State of Local Marketing Report provides actionable data and insights to national brands and the agents, dealers and franchisees who represent their brands at the local level. Attendees will gain useful insights about local marketing trends -- including a breakdown of which tactics are working and which aren't -- that they can use to plan their distributed marketing and co-op advertising programs for the upcoming year.
Highlights from Brandmuscle’s State of Local Marketing Report that will be discussed in more detail during the webinar include:
- Local affiliates struggle to identify which traditional marketing practices still work and whether to transition to newer digital marketing strategies.
- Overall, digital marketing use and satisfaction continue to rise despite affiliates’ feelings that these channels are “too complicated.”
- Brands continue to invest heavily in co-op funding to support traditional marketing tactics despite local affiliates’ waning satisfaction with these channels.
- Local events and sponsorships are driving brand awareness in small communities and earning high satisfaction ratings from affiliates, but careful planning and strategy are necessary.
- Integrated marketing is working at the local level, particularly when local affiliates have insight into national plans.
The State of Local Marketing Report evaluates local affiliates’ use and satisfaction with 29 marketing tactics spanning four categories: traditional media, events/sponsorships, digital media and social media. The report also investigates how much time and money local affiliates are investing in local advertising and how they are measuring ROI.
About the webinar presenter: Clarke Smith has spent two decades in leadership roles as a corporate and agency marketer, including time with Hallmark Cards and Bernstein-Rein Advertising in Kansas City. Smith has been an active influencer in the marketing technology space and currently guides technical and strategic development at Brandmuscle.
About Brandmuscle Offering a comprehensive local marketing automation platform backed by 24/7 on-demand support, Brandmuscle helps national brands capitalize on opportunities and local market conditions with brand-compliant, customized marketing across all mediums and formats. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Cleveland, Austin and New Jersey, Brandmuscle employs more than 650 talented professionals and serves nearly 200 of the world’s leading brands. Brandmuscle has appeared on Inc. Magazine’s 500 | 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies in America List multiple years, and is the only software provider ranked “Best” in all categories of Gleanster’s 2014 Local Marketing Automation Vendor Benchmark report. For more information about Brandmuscle call (866) 464-4342 or visit www.brandmuscle.com.