According to BrightEdge Technology, over three-quarters of the nation’s Top 100 brands have created a Google+ page as of December 19, 2011. This is a 16 percent increase from a month ago, when only 61 percent were using Google+.
In today’s market, there is a lot of grey area in determining how important it is for a business to have a Google+ page, or how to gauge the success of your Facebook page. The way that B2C and B2B companies use social media is very different. So how do you measure the impact that these outlets have on your business?
As an early adopter of Google+, we see the value of using this channel as a way to engage with our customers, our end-users, our employees and our prospects through different ways. Being able to have different circles allows us to interact with our groups regarding topics and discussions that are important to them.
Not to mention that Google + optimizes your SEO. Google uses the content posted on your Google + page to run algorithms that determine where you fall in Google’s search results. To optimize your page and make sure you that you receive the traffic you’re looking for, there are several things that you can do.
- Keywords – use specific keywords in your profile that will trigger you to appear in common search results
- Include links – links to your website or reputable outside sources can all increase your optimization
- Add photos – the more content you can post, the better
- Add and share comments – detailed and relevant content helps you boost your search score. Google wants to feature businesses that post new, relevant and interesting content that features a lot of interaction including other’s comments and shared posts
- Make time – Making sure your Google + page is fully optimized will take time. As more people begin to use this channel, your results will be sure to beat your competition
Have you already created a Google+ page, either for yourself or for your business? Tell us about your experience and where you think the future of social media is headed!