Multi-year research analyzes key trends in local marketing and identifies growth opportunities for marketing leaders
CHICAGO, April 02, 2019 – BrandMuscle, the leader in integrated local and channel marketing, announced today the release of the 2019 State of Local Marketing Report, the only comprehensive study of its kind highlighting key trends and insights in the area of channel marketing programs and local marketing practices.
Now in its fifth year, this prescriptive report provides guidance for corporate marketers and their local partners to assess and improve their local marketing capabilities, and implement programs to drive top-line revenue.
“The State of Local Marketing Report is the industry standard for analyzing key channel marketing trends and serves as an annual barometer of best practices and opportunities in local marketing,” said Richard Mendis, Chief Strategy Officer at BrandMuscle. “This in-depth report and associated new assessment framework reflects our mission to help businesses to improve their local marketing programs and increase revenue growth through channels.”
This year’s State of Local Marketing Report introduces the BrandMuscle Local Marketing Maturity Matrix, designed to help marketers understand overall current market performance and enable brands to deliver the greatest local marketing impact at both the corporate and channel partner level. BrandMuscle worked with independent, third-party researchers at Xpedition to develop, analyze and design the framework for this study.
Findings from the 2019 State of Local Marketing Report indicate significant benefits from joint marketing investment, and also uncover many opportunities for improvement:
- Brands that provide co-op and have partners who spend a reasonable amount of their own money, achieve growth rates more than 40% higher than those without shared “skin in the game”
- 84% of partners are actively trying to learn more about marketing
- 51% of partners feel the support brands provide them is no better than a “check-the-box” exercise
- Just 42% of partners claim they can manage integrated marketing programs
- Only 29% of partners feel their marketing program includes a variety of tactics and is up-to-dateThe report also provides insights on:
- The relationships between local marketing and business outcomes
- Clear patterns that make partners successful with marketing funds
- ROI optimization, tools and program policies
- Trends in tactics to identify what is working and what isn’t
- The top ten marketing topics local businesses want to learn more about
- The six core dimensions and related competencies of local marketing maturityComplimentary access to BrandMuscle’s 2019 State of Local Marketing Report can be found here.
BrandMuscle is the leader in integrated local and channel marketing, serving over 300 of the world’s top brands, with 1,000 professionals in seven offices globally. The BrandMuscle Integrated Local Marketing Platform enables brands and their local marketing partners to deliver the greatest marketing impact to each individual customer. BrandMuscle simplifies and scales digital and physical marketing execution, enabling brands to acquire and retain the best customers, build loyalty, enhance lifetime customer value, and maximize ROI.