CHICAGO, September 14, 2023 – In the fast-paced world of insurance marketing, understanding the thoughts, behaviors, and needs of your agents is the key to success.
The State of Local Insurance Marketing Report analyzes 203,686 data points from 2,531 insurance agents and sheds light on the challenges and opportunities faced by the insurance industry’s local agents.
The report delves into why insurance agents struggle to drive results from their marketing and provides clear guidance on how insurance companies can empower agents to boost their marketing outcomes.
It also reveals a stark truth: Only 33% of insurance agents are satisfied with their local marketing programs, a concerning 43% less than affiliates in other industries.
“The insurance industry is undergoing significant changes, and understanding what your agents need from a marketing perspective is crucial to success,” says Helen Baptist, Chief Strategy and Market Officer at BrandMuscle.
In insurance marketing, ease of program use emerges as a major challenge for agents, who often struggle to navigate their local marketing programs, making them less likely to market.
“Leveraging these data-driven insights is essential for insurance companies looking to strengthen their local marketing impact,” said Mike Yacovone, Director of Client Partnership at BrandMuscle. “To achieve local success, you have to start at the source — your agents. Addressing their needs is the key to driving results.”
- 47% of insurance agents allocate 5% or more of their annual revenue to marketing.
- 72% of insurance agents have co-op programs, but only 31% actively use these funds.
- 70% of agents prioritize fund matching in their marketing programs.
By harnessing the insights provided in The State of Local Insurance Marketing Report, you’ll have access to the tools to improve local marketing results, boost agent engagement, and achieve significant revenue growth.
Connect With BrandMuscle
- Get in touch with BrandMuscle to learn more about local marketing platforms and comprehensive solutions that cater to the insurance industry’s unique needs and empower brands to maximize their marketing impact.
- Follow BrandMuscle on LinkedIn to stay current on the latest local marketing trends.
- Subscribe to The State of Local Marketing newsletter and be the first to know when new data drops.
BrandMuscle makes channel marketing easy by empowering brands to activate and amplify local markets with award-winning services and SaaS. Our flexible ecosystem of solutions helps brands drive revenue through local affiliates and protects businesses against legal, fiduciary, and other compliance risks. The BrandMuscle platform pairs cutting-edge technology with proven marketing services to support highly regulated verticals.
More than 1.5M local businesses seamlessly scale corporate branding, messaging, and demand generation with our tools that engage customers and increase ROI. With our robust ecosystem, you can address every aspect of local channel marketing and unleash hyper-local activation for affiliates.