71% of Partners Experience Difficulty Using Co-Op Funds – Here’s Why
CHICAGO, June 15, 2023 – If you run a co-op program for affiliates, you know that dealing with unspent funds is too common. You set up a strategic co-op program to incentivize spending, yet funds still sit on the shelf.
To better understand this dynamic, BrandMuscle surveyed 3,192 channel partners and analyzed 146,832 data points to explore the behavior of local partners and the impact their actions have on revenue.
The Co-Op Funds Report reveals that 71% of partners need help using co-op funds effectively, resulting in missed opportunities for revenue growth. This report is the third in The State of Local Marketing series and dives into the reasons behind underutilization and provides actionable solutions to increase partner fund usage.
Co-op funds are a vital resource for successful local marketing campaigns and provide affiliates with the financial means to promote brands and boost revenue.
According to the data, 64% of affiliates don’t take full advantage of their co-op funds, with 9% not using any allocated funds. This highlights a widespread issue within the local marketing landscape. Unspent funds are holding organizations back from growing channel partner revenues.
However, the reasons affiliates leave co-op funds untouched vary; it’s not one-size-fits-all. The good news? We’ve uncovered the best optimization program marketers need to get partners spending, generate more sales, and see a return on their investment..
“By adjusting your co-op program, you can empower partners, increase fund utilization, and achieve a higher return on investment,” said Sarah Hennessy, Senior Director, Product Management. “Plus, it’s proven that co-op programs demonstrate a corporate commitment to partner success which leads to increased loyalty and engagement.”.
Key insights revealed:
- Partners who spend more experienced 46% more revenue growth.
- 62% of affiliates have access to co-op programs.
- 55% of partners question whether co-op funds are worth their time.
“Dive into The Co-Op Funds Report: Why Partners Don’t Spend to address the underutilization of co-op funds, see what you can do to maximize affiliate potential, and increase your partnerships across the local marketing landscape.
Connect With Brandmuscle
- Subscribe to The State of Local Marketing Newsletter and be the first to know when new data drops.
- Read series to see all of the latest reports in one place.
- Follow BrandMuscle on LinkedIn to stay up to date on the latest local marketing trends.
- Contact us if you’re ready to see our solutions in action. Get in touch to chat with a local marketing expert.