Channel partners play a crucial role in a company’s success, selling and distributing products and services on the brand’s behalf. However, with a vast partner network comes the need for effective channel management. Channel partner portals bridge the gap between brands and their partners by providing them with the information and resources needed to streamline marketing operations. With a comprehensive channel partner portal, you can empower your partners with the marketing materials they need to boost your brand’s revenue.
What Is Channel Partner Management?
Channel partner management is the process of gaining, maintaining, and expanding relationships with channel partners. Also called partner relationship management (PRM), the goal of this process is to retain the best possible partners for your brand and customers so you can achieve your sales, profitability, and recruitment goals. In addition to reducing marketing and sales costs, successful channel partner relationship management also improves partner experiences, resulting in greater partner activity.
Partner relationships are crucial to every company’s channel partner management strategy, or the methods brands use to reach their target audience along their customer journeys. Channel strategy is essentially a marketing plan that aims to deliver marketing messages to potential and existing customers, get them to convert, and provide them with a positive experience that shapes their perception of your brand.
When you have the tools needed to maintain successful partner relationships, you can expect your local partners to have a stronger impact on your brand’s ability to reach and sell products and services to your customers.
What Is a Channel Partner Portal?
A channel partner portal is a web-based solution that connects a brand with its partners, allowing the brand to more effectively scale marketing across local markets. Partner portals contain an extensive assortment of tools, information, and resources that channel partners can use to optimize their local marketing.
Types of information and assets commonly available through channel partner portals include:
- Brand-approved logos and images
- Customizable templates for ads, social media, printed collateral, and more
- Customizable promotional items
- Brand colors and fonts
- Educational tools
- Subscription marketing packages
Benefits of Partner Portals
When you optimize your channel partner relationship management using a channel partner portal, you can expect to achieve many considerable benefits for your brand and partners:
- Significant savings: Because channel partner portals are fully automated, they save companies time and resources.
- Increased revenue: When your partners have the tools and resources needed to improve local marketing, they can generate more revenue for your brand.
- Simplified spending: Channel partner portals give your partners easy access to corporate or co-op marketing funds.
- Scalability: Scale your brand’s presence at the local level by enabling partners with customizable, easy-to-use marketing materials.
- Compliance: Partner portals ensure that your channel partners have access to legal- and brand-compliant marketing materials.
- Streamlined communication: Your channel partner portal improves collaboration between your brand and its partners by providing a centralized communication channel.
- Built-in analytics: When you use a channel partner portal, you’ll receive crucial insights into your brand’s performance so you can better determine areas of improvement and act accordingly.
- Resource accessibility: Partner portals give your partners easy access to all the resources they need, exactly when they need them, through a centralized location.
- Training efficiency: Because they contain a suite of training resources and educational tools, partner portals streamline channel partner training.
Who Should Use Channel Partner Portals?
Brands looking to streamline local marketing and information management within their channel partner network should use channel partner portals.
Some of the many industries that utilize partner portals to manage relationships with their agents, dealers, resellers, and franchisees include:
- Beverage-alcohol distributors and suppliers
- Franchise organizations
- Restaurants and food service companies
- Finance and insurance companies
- Automotive dealers
- Telecommunications companies
- Technology companies
- Consumer packaged goods companies
Features of Channel Partner Portals
Partner portals for PRM are equipped with a wide range of innovative features intended to help channel partners run their businesses, improve their sales cycles, and achieve the highest return on investment (ROI). Some of the primary features of channel partner portals include:
- Brand management: Brand management tools enable channel partners to customize and execute their marketing campaigns.
- Fund management: This feature includes flexible co-op and marketing development fund (MDF) programs that partners can use to optimize your through-channel marketing strategy.
- Marketing execution: With marketing execution tools, your partners can more easily implement successful marketing campaigns with exceptional scalability and brand compliance.
- Virtual assistant: Channel partner portals can feature a virtual assistant that recommends and executes marketing tactics for your partners using artificial intelligence.
- Analytics and insights: Your channel partner portal should generate insightful marketing analytics metrics across all campaigns for reliable performance tracking.
- Print and fulfillment: Effective partner portals can seamlessly send marketing materials to be printed and fulfilled.
What Should I Look for in a PRM System?
When selecting the best PRM system for your brand, you should ensure that it promotes:
- User-friendliness: Because your channel partners will use your PRM system regularly, this platform must be easy to use.
- Easy implementation: Partner portal installation should be fast and simple so you can take advantage of sales opportunities immediately.
- Seamless integration: You should be able to integrate your PRM system into your existing systems seamlessly so your partners don’t have to exhaust time, effort, and resources to troubleshoot.
- Needs fulfillment: Your partner portal should meet your brand’s particular industry, feature, and budgetary requirements to help you better achieve your business goals.
- Software scalability: As your brand grows, your system should scale to your changing needs, adding partners and staff over time.
- Profitability: Channel portals that enable your brand and partners to streamline process management and increase sales opportunities result in a higher ROI.
- Ongoing support: A responsive, communicative, and available PRM company will provide you with the highest level of service and support.
Ready to Improve Your Channel Partner Relationship Management?
Contact us to learn more about how our PRM system will work for you.