AdWords Auction Insights Data
What data can you pull from AdWords Auction Insights to help understand your competition’s local paid search strategy?
- Impression Share: The percentage of times your brand’s ad shows up in the auction
- Average Position: The average rank of that ad
- Overlap Rate: How often another advertiser’s ad received an impression in the same auction that your ad also received an impression
- Position Above Rate: How often another advertiser’s ad in the same auction shows in a higher position than your own, when both of your ads were shown at the same time
- Top of Page Rate: How often your ad (or the ad of another advertiser, depending on which row you’re viewing) was shown at the top of the page in search results
- Outranking Share: How often your ad ranked higher in the auction than another advertiser’s ad, or whether your ad showed when theirs did not.
What Do You Do With This Data?
You might start by estimating your competitor’s budget or exploring their strategy at the device level.
“Over time, Google has continued to make more data available to help advertisers get smarter about their business,” Tabeling said. “I think this is one of the best attempts yet, with so much direct data where competitors are identified by name. With this data, you can really help benchmark your own performance.”
Explore the Possibilities of Paid Search
Interested in how a local paid search or SEO program can help your local marketing efforts? Contact us today to learn more.